Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Thursday 7 November 2013

Special Olympics Connect Magazine welcomes Seanad debate on the merits of Special Olympics

Delighted to feature in the current Special Olympics Connect Magazine. In July 2013 I proposed a Private Members Motion on Special Olympics 10th Anniversary of the games in Ireland and this was the first time that the merits of the Special Olympics movement was debated in a national parliament. I was delighted that the debate which was broadcast all over the world highlighted the excellent work that is being done by Special Olympics Ireland. I look forward to supporting and participating in their next event The National Polar Plunge on Saturday, 8 December 2013. Sponsorship welcome! I would encourage anyone else who is interested in participating to contact me or Special Olympics Ireland for further details.


No comments:

Post a Comment