Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Thursday 3 April 2014

Welcome news for Dundalk Elverys Store



'The management team at Elverys has succeeded in it's bid to buy back the company, which will offer a much needed lifeline to its nearly 700 strong workforce across the country, including it 's Dundalk store.

'I recently met with employees of the Dundalk Elverys to discuss their concerns and assured them of my full support for their campaign to retain all 700 jobs across the country.

'I understand that the bid is to be formally approved by both its creditors and the High Court, and I am hopeful that it will provide reassurance and clarity on the situation.

'The management team has indicated it's commitment to maintaining jobs, and I am urging that all efforts are made to ensure that the jobs in the Dundalk store are protected as many livelihoods depend on it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment