Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Friday 29 January 2016

2016 General Election Campaign Officially Launched



I officially launched my 2016 General Election campaign in the Oriel Centre at Dundalk Gaol on Thursday, 28th January.  Dr. Eibhlís Farrell, Head of Music and Creative Media in Dundalk Institute of Technology, was the guest speaker at the launch.

I would like to sincerely thank my friend, Dr. Eibhlís Farrell for agreeing to be the guest speaker at my campaign launch and for her ongoing support over the years.

I would also like to pay special thanks to Kay Webster and the staff in the Dundalk Gaol for their work in preparation for the launch and for the beautiful venue.

I am delighted to officially kick off my campaign for the 2016 General Election and thrilled with the support I received from local people on the night and in recent weeks.

The launch was a great opportunity to outline my work over the last five years and the areas and issues which I want to see progressed at a local and national level.

I have met and worked with and on behalf of many local groups and people over the last five years.  I know the issues facing the people of Louth/East Meath including housing, health, education and employment.  

Over the last five years I have worked hard for our community and at all times I have endeavoured to put the people of Louth/East Meath first ahead of any party or political gain.  I have devoted myself to this job, to our community, to doing what is right and to ensuring people are presented with equal opportunities.

I feel I am only just getting started and I want to progress my local and national work into the next Dáil.  I can make the assurance that I can be counted on to speak my mind and advocate on behalf of the people in this constituency in the strongest way possible.  

I want to make Louth/East Meath a better place to live now and for future generations.  I know that I have the commitment, experience and work ethic to deliver for our area.


No comments:

Post a Comment