Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Thursday 12 March 2015

Seeking Input From Special Needs Assistants For Committee Report





I am seeking the thoughts and opinions of Special Needs Assistants as rapporteur for the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Education and Social Protections' report on 'The Role of the SNA'.

Since being appointed committee rapporteur I have been actively engaging with various stakeholders in this area including SNAs to better inform the findings of this report.  I have recently published a 10-question online survey on Survey Monkey titled 'Role of the Special Needs Assistant - SNA Survey'.  I am encouraging Special Needs Assistants in Co. Louth and across the country to fill in the survey at their earliest opportunity.  The survey is anonymous and the data compiled will be used in the committee report.

I believe it is crucial to have as much input from SNAs as possible in order to better establish the role as prescribed and the role in practice as well as the best way to go forward.  I will continue to engage with the various educational stakeholders across the country regarding the role of the SNA over the coming weeks and would encourage anyone interested in discussing this report further to contact me on 042 932 9052 or mary.moran@oir.ie .

To access the SNA Survey click here .

No comments:

Post a Comment