Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Job Shadow Day 2015 Promotes Inclusion & Employment Equality


I participated in the Job Shadow Day 2015 and was shadowed in Leinster House today by two Co. Louth natives, Conor McIntyre and Maria McCabe.

I am delighted to have been asked to participate once again in the IASE national Job Shadow Day as I believe it presents an excellent opportunity to everyone involved.  It provides an opportunity for job shadowers to experience a workplace or area of work they may be interested in while also highlighting the important employment contributions people with a disability can make when given the opportunity.

Conor and Maria shadowed me during my work day in Leinster House which included attending briefings, committee meetings, Seanad debates as well as seeing the work that is carried out in my office.  I truly enjoyed working with Conor and Maria throughout the day.

Job Shadow Day provides an opportunity that is both informative and interesting for the job shadower and sometimes more so for the employer.  

I would like to commend everyone who promoted and participated in this year's Job Shadow Day and brought attention to the importance of equal employment opportunities being made available for people with a disability every day of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment