Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Monday 18 May 2015

I Have Received Confirmation SJOG Respite Service Will Re-Open 2nd June

I have received confirmation from Teresa Mallon, Regional Director that the Saint John of God's Drumcar respite service will re-open on 2nd June.

Since the closure of the respite service I have been in ongoing negotiations with Saint John of God's management and following a meeting with Teresa Mallon this week I received confirmation that the respite service will re-open on 2nd June and that parents and family members would be informed.  I have been seeking clear communication from Saint John of God to parents throughout this situation with a demand that parents be advised of the definite date the service would re-open and inform families of respite dates for the coming months.  

I have spoken with many parents and family members in the last couple of days who are delighted to have received communication on the respite service re-opening and upcoming respite dates for their loved ones.  All family members should have received confirmation at this stage that the respite service will re-open on 2nd June.

I have been in constant communication with St. John of God management regarding the significant effect of the respite service closure and the difficulties the late notice presented to families.  

While I am disappointed that the respite service will be closed for six weeks, I am delighted that following my meetings with Saint John of God in recent weeks parents have received clear communication and assurances that the service will re-open 2nd June.

No comments:

Post a Comment