Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Friday 4 December 2015

Encouraging Local Community To Get Involved In Polar Plunge


I am encouraging local people to get involved in this year's Special Olympics Ireland Polar Plunge at Clogherhead Beach.  The Clogherhead Beach Polar Plunge will take place on Saturday, 12th December at 12pm.

I will be braving the elements again this year in my fifth Polar Plunge in aid of Special Olympics on Saturday, 12th December.  Special Olympics Ireland provides an excellent service for athletes with an intellectual disability and their families.  Special Olympics clubs across the country are an integral part of their communities.

I wholeheartedly support both our local Special Olympics clubs and the organisation at a national level.  I am delighted to take the plunge again this year and I am encouraging local people to take part in this fun, family friendly event on Saturday.

The Clogherhead Beach Polar Plunge is part of a Special Olympics series of nationwide Polar Plunges which aims to raise funds and awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment