Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Thursday 25 September 2014

Moran to present at first ever disability workshop on how Irish Government works


Labour Senator Mary Moran will be co-presenting at the first ever workshop for people with an intellectual disability on 'How the Irish Government Works'.  The workshop was organised by the National Anti-Bullying Advocacy Group and Ms Fiona Weldon, Anti-Bullying Advocacy Officer for the National Institute for Intellectual Disability at Trinity College.

'I am delighted to join with my colleagues, Emer Costello and Finian McGrath TD in presenting this first ever workshop for people with an intellectual disability.  During my time as a Senator, I have maintained a strong commitment to education and I am delighted to have this opportunity to give an insight into my work and the workings of the Houses of the Oireachtas.  I believe you are never too young or too old to learn and this workshop provides an exciting opportunity to learn more about something which affects us all: Government.

'This is the first every workshop for individuals with an intellectual disability and is an excellent platform which we need to keep building on top of.  Fiona Weldon and the National Anti-Bullying Advocacy group have done tremendous work bringing forward this idea and in organising the workshop.

'I look forward to participating in this important event tomorrow and hope to participate in events of a similar nature in future.'

No comments:

Post a Comment