Senator Mary Moran

Senator Mary Moran

Tuesday 2 June 2015

Welcoming Louth's Resounding YES To Marriage Equality





I have welcomed the positive and historic marriage referendum result .  

I am delighted with the positive marriage equality referendum result as I believe that all citizens of this country should be treated and valued equally particularly in the important institution of marriage.

Throughout this referendum campaign and as a member of the Constitutional Convention I had the opportunity to meet with numerous people who will be greatly affected by the result and who reinforced the importance of a 'yes' vote on an individual basis.  The passion and dedication expressed by so many  throughout this campaign should be commended.  

I  know that there are many people and couples whose lives will be forever changed from this day forward and I would like to wish them every success for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment